Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday Night Supper (posted on Monday morning)

I'm running behind, as usual. Here is what we had for supper Sunday night (last night)-





Pizzas- on sale $4/$10
(1 cheese, 1 supreme, 2 4-meat)
Salad- .79 (aldis)
Total $10.79
Cost per person $2.16

I know I could go ahead and make pizzas from scratch for less money and they'd probably be healthier too. I could, but I don't. Frozen pizzas and salad is one of my super-quick-and-easy meals that I like to do when I just don't feel like cooking up a storm. Frozen pizza's bought on sale are still a much cheaper option than picking up the phone and having pizza delivered.

I didn't count beverages, the kids had Kool-aid, grown-ups drank water. I also didn't count the salad dressing, croutons or bac-o's that we sprinkled on our salads. I'm sure that would add a few more pennies to the price.

Typing all this up just made me realize I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer to thaw for tonight's supper. See, I told you I'm always running behind.......

No comments:

Blog Archive