Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Monday Night Chicken


Cost analysis-
Chicken thighs and legs 3 packages @ $1.30/pkg=$3.90
Apricot Glaze (jar of apricot preserves $1.69+bottle of Western Dressing $1.97+1 envelope dry onion soup mix .40= $4.06. I should have only used 1/2 of preserves and dressing, live and learn!)
1 bag of frozen stir-fry veggies .79
Rice- I'm going to just say the rice cost .25. because that will give me a nice even grand total amount. We buy it in bulk and I'd have to go figure it all out and I don't want to but I know its just probably pennies per serving.
Grand total= $9.00
Cost per person= $1.80

It would have been much less if I would have halved the glaze ingredients. I poured alot of it down the drain afterwards. I wouldn't have thought that the glaze would cost more than the meat.

And just for fun, I was playing around with the photoshop.

No comments:

Blog Archive