Sunday, April 1, 2007

Today isn't really April Fools Day...

Its my oldest sons birthday!!!!
(really, it is!)

He turns 18 today!! EIGHTEEN!

I can't believe he's 18. I can't believe I am the mother of an 18 year old. I'm just not old enough for this yet! LOL! I was 18 when he was born, now he's 18. Time just flies!!Here he is, the day we brought him home from the hospital. Now he's all big and tall and hairy! LOL!! Still cute as a bug and still as sweet as pie though. He's gonna be so embarrassed if he reads this! LOL! Thats ok, he'll always be my little punkin'.

18.
My other two boys are (almost) 16 and 14. The youngest will turn 18 the year I turn 40. Its kinda crazy, isn't it? I've been a housewife for 18 years now. My entire adult life has been spent here at home, with my kids. No complaints at all about that. Its been my complete and total choice to stay home and raise my babies. I've loved being at home, always have, always will.

Now I think of what on earth am I going to do once all my boys have flown the nest? I honestly have no idea. I suppose I'll go back to school, get some sort of college degree, even though I'll feel like a complete fool starting college at age 40. Who's gonna hire an old broad like me anyways? Get a job, earn more $$. Eh. For what? A fancier house? More stuff? *ppffffftt* Who needs it? I've never been into that sort of thing anyways.

I'm sure things will all work out.
God willing, I've got time to get it figured out.
Until then I'll just savor every minute of this crazy life of mine and wish my 1st born

HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY!!!!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Pass along a "Happy Birthday" from me to!

I have a 14,13 and 9 year old. It amazes me how time flies!

Anonymous said...

Sweet sweet baby he was! I know what you mean. Mine is 14 and I'm not ready to be the mom of a teenager yet. That just means I'm getting older :0

I sure do miss those baby years :) Birthday wishes to him!

The Mama said...

Aaah, I love your blog. Thanks for coming by mine, too! I had my first baby when I was 18-he's five now. I, also, have been a housewife since I was pregnant with him and plan to be one until both boys leave the nest. I love that you feel the same way, and you've done it all these years.
Happy Birthday-to your punkin!
~Vintage Housewife

Blog Archive